Friday, October 2, 2009

It's Fall and Things Are Happening Way to Fast!

Today I am officially 25 weeks and it's day #2 of my favorite month. I like Halloween however it isn't the reason I love October. To me, October is the perfect month. The weather is fabulous, the leaves change color, they start to fall off and then you get the crunch sound. Yes, it's one of my favorite sounds. Grandpa used to rake the leaves from the back yard into a pile on the patio simply so I could crunch them (the concrete made a better sound).

Last Sunday for dinner, my family decided to take a drive up the canyon to look at the leaves and have a fire. Apparently everyone else in the valley had the same idea and we ended having to pay $10.00 for a spot at The Spruces. It was fun to just hang out and laugh. We got a really relaxing spot right by the river and you couldn't see the cars drive by, I could have stayed there for days.



We've been really busy lately trying to get things ready for the babies to come. My Mom is especially excited and is constantly buying things that she thinks I need for them, to the point that I may not even need a shower by the time they are born. Just kidding, I totally need a shower. But we appreciate all the things she's done for them. Their room is looking more livable everyday. Now we just need people to live in it.

Which brings me to my next point ...

I went to the doctor on Tuesday. I absolutly love Dr. Hutch, but because everyone else in the world feels the same way, I always end up waiting at least an hour if not two. On Tuesday we were his second to last appointment. Our appointment was scheduled for 4:30 and we didn't see him until 6:15. His nurse kept bringing us snacks (which were candy so it was a no go for me) and drinks (which was Sprite and I know it gives me heatburn so I stear clear); but it was a nice gesture. I got the news that I tested negative for Gestational Diabetes. That was a real concern for me the entire pregnancy so I am grateful. But I got the bad news that I an severely anemic, so bring on the Iron pills and the black poop (I was warned about that). Hutch looked at me and said "Amber, No More Chicken, Beef Only". So the girls and I had our second cheeseburger of their short lives for dinner the other night, it wasn't as bad as I imagined it would be. Maybe my gag reflex is relaxing! The girls sounded well. Baby A HB = 159, Baby B HB= 147. Baby A was the active one and B was calm. It seems my joke about B being a hyper baby wasn't sitting too well for her and she had to show that she could be good too. My Doctor also has started talking to me about labor. I was under the impression that I still had at least 12 weeks left but he corrected me by saying that he will not stop my labor after 34 weeks. Which means I have a mere 9 weeks left until they could possibly come. Of course I'm holding out for the 38 week mark, but who knows. I wish I did.


Josh and I registered for our birthing class at Jordan Valley the other week. It cost us $85.00 for 5 hours and I just about cried. I almost think it's not worth that much for a tour and a few breathing techniques; but my friend said she was glad she went so she would know exactly when to come the the hospital and when she was really in labor. So we're going November 14th and Josh is only happy about it because that is the day he is suppose to go to Sugar House and now he doesn't have to.

The babies are becoming very active. The movement feeling is great and they get excited when they hear Josh. He talks to them a lot and they kick him when he lays on my belly. It makes me think that they already know it is him, and I can tell he loves them. Most of my family has felt them move already and it's become "the game" whenever I see them. It's amazing to me that my body is able to make and carry (not without stretch marks though) these babies and that they are fine and healthy and everything is where it's suppose to be, without even thinking about it. Heavenly Father is awesome.

Well the last thing is I really would love to learn how to make those little flower headbands, if anyone knows how I would love to you forever if you could give me some pointers. I've tried and they look alright but I want them to look better than alright. I know this was probably the longest post in history but I've been trying to finish up some projects (cook book, blessing blankets, primary stuff, organizing my life, etc.) so I've been neglectful, but not anymore.

5 comments:

Manda Jane Clawson said...

Look at your cute belly! Glad to hear everything is going well :) They will be here before you know it!

mom said...

I am so glad that we went to the canyons that night, it was alot of fun and the colors were so pretty, the time together was very enjoyable.
YES I have to say that I am excited about the girls coming. T be able to hold them and love them after waiting for them for so long. It just makes me think of all the time that I have to wait for you. I guess like mother, like daughters. (HA HA)
Amber you look so good!! I can truely say that we have been so blessed, for the fax that you haven't been really sick alot, and that the girls are growning and getting stronger everyday. Heavenly Father has truely blessed this family.
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!
Thank you for letting me be part of the excitment.
Love you, MOM!!!!

Jami Berry said...

You look so cute! Feeling the movement was definitely my favorite part of pregnancy. It gives you a glimpse of the baby's personality.

Rissy & Spence said...

Hey Amber, I came across this blog of little girls bows for babies/girls here is the address for u, http://babyirelandbows.blogspot.com/

Hope u have a gr8 week & can't wait to see ur princesses. Love ur friend TTYL

Screaming Grasshopper said...

You are one of the most beautiful pregnant women!! My heart swells when I think of those precious little girls. You and Josh have so much wonderful coming your way!

I seriously teared up as I caught up on your blog!! I would love for you and Josh to pick names before they're born but since neither of my boys had names prior to birth that's a little hypocritical... :)

BTW-- I need to know if you are planning on dressing the girls the same (same exact) or coordinating similar (same style but different colors...) because I have the itch to buy but I don't know what you want!!! :)

Love you!
Andrea