Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Monopolizing Thoughts

1- Today I took Josh lunch when I got off work. We were there for about 15 minutes when he went back and I proceeded to head home. However, I picked up a security guard on my way who followed me all the way to the freeway before he turned around. This got me thinking... Do I look like a suspicious person? Apparently I must have concerned someone enough that they called the neighborhood watch to come follow me. Maybe my big red truck isn't the best vehicle to go stalking in. Duh!

2-My thought's have been terribly preoccupied with Poop lately. I know, I must explain. So, I've been thinking a lot about labor lately. I'm honestly not scared of the pain or the shots. I'm not even worried about a possible C-section. However, I am terribly worried about pooping on the delivery bed. I've been told that most women do, and no one posts a notice outside your room warning of uncontrollable pooping; but I'm terrified of it.

3- Recipes are my entire life right now. I took on the daunting task of typing all my recipes to save on my laptop so that they would be easier to access when needed. I had no idea how many recipes I had. I've been doing this during my down time at work for the past three weeks and it seems never ending. The only thing that keeps me going is the fact that I know I don't want to have 30 recipe books and binders anymore not to mention I will NEVER do it if I wait until after the babies are born.

4-Babies of course. Well mostly baby names. I'm worried that Josh wont decide on names for the girls and I'll be one of those parents who's child doesn't have a name until they are forced to pick one or have the birth certificate say Baby Girl Gubler. Besides, I'm tired of referring to them as A and B. It just sounds so impersonal.

5- Work. Not necessarily my job right now but the thought of not having a job in a matter of 14 weeks if the babies cooperate. It absolutly gives me a tummy ache to think about. Trust me, I'm so NOT attatched to my job, more the paycheck that comes from doing my job. I just keep hoping that Heavenly Father will send me a money tree of some kind.

6- "Christmas is coming, Amber's getting Fat". This song has been swimming around in my brain for about a week. I decided since I am trying to get ready to have the babies I need to get started on Christmas. I know it's early but I usually do most of my Christmas Shopping the day after Turkey Day. However, this year might pose a small problem because in my experience, people don't care if you are pregnant or in a wheel chair, they just want their good deals that morning. SO unless I can find a fully caged in scooter with a table to support my belly, I'm not sure I'll be going. Therefore, I am almost officially done with all my presents and seeing as they required work from me, I needed to finish before I can no longer bend over. Horray!

7- Glucose Test - I am going in next Tuesday to take my sugar test. They gave me this thick looking orange sugar drink that I have to devour in 3 minutes and then get my blood drawn an hour later. Fine, tons of women do this; but my doctor advised me to stay away from Sugar and so far I have done just that. My entire pregnancy I have had 2 Reese's Peanut Butter cups and one chocolate chip cookie. That's it, nothing else "snackish". So I'm a little concerned about how the girls are going to handle the huge amounts of sugar. We shall see.

8- The dentist and I have never gotten along. Not that he's not a perfectly agreeable person and I have no personal problems with him however I get extreme anxiety when thinking about him poking around in my mouth. I have an appointment tomorrow and on occasion some appointments have been bad enough that I have needed a valium to calm me down; but not tomorrow. NO! He can't do much to me while pregnant, no x-rays with the plastic thing that always makes my mouth bleed, no possible cavity fillings, no allusions to have some gums removed, Nothing! It's going to be a nice visit.

9- The CEO told me that I need to pray that a certain unnamed member will be approved for his liqour licence so we can get rid of him and his crappy loan. That got me thinking, I doubt it would do much good to pray for that when I'm morally against it.

10-Stretch Marks are beginning to appear. It's horrible and inevitable for me since I have crap for skin but alas I have succumbed to the stretch marks. It's a sad day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

According to my husband, who has now witnessed two births, there is so much "stuff" coming out when you're pushing that you'd never know what's poop anyway. Maybe he's lying to me, but it makes sense. It is really messy whether there's poop or not, so you don't have to worry. Depending on your doctor's delivery style, you might even have a chute that goes straight to a bucket. It's not like you poop and it lies there on the table with you. Your bum will most likely be at the edge of the bed (because half of the bed folds away when you're pushing)and it will all go away so fast you'll never know.

Or maybe your poop will be so big that they'll forget about the babies and weigh and measure your poop. Ha ha!

Ok, forgive me. I just gave birth two days ago, and I've been talking about gross things ever since. I have no censor button right now.

Ali said...

You are hilarious!! About the whole poop thing, I just gave myself an enema every other day once I was close to my due date so I was all cleaned out and didn't have to worry about the poop thing, cause lets be honest I was terrified of it as well!!

Lauralee said...

Ah the poop.....I think that most woman are worried about it. I know I sure was! I have been told that you can ask for an enima when you get to the hospital before you deliver, might be something to consider...I think that I had a friend do that and that's how I heard about it. I was pretty worried cause I didn't want Jonathan to think I was gross or anything (when I think of it now I think "If that would have made him think I was gross then maybe I could have tried to aim it in his direction") but it was a true fear for me so I just told him to look away on the first couple of pushes just in case. So he humored me. Usually nothing much happens that you can see on the first couple pushes anyway. It should be ok :)

And then when you are done having the babies you will be worried about poop all over again.....remember how we talked about how scary the first poop is after giving birth but I promise you it will be OK......just make sure they give you stool softeners LOL