Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Vacation and Baby Update

Day 1 - Saturday
We arrived up at Park City to stay in the condo. Aaron's parents were here and we had a BBQ. Josh ended up working late so we got here in the middle of dinner. Have you ever heard the expression "As big as a house" well Aaron's Dad said "She's actually a Duplex". Ha..Ha..Good Times. Way to boost my self esteem.
Day 2 - Sunday
We went over to Strawberry Resevoir to have a fire. We made hobo dinners and hung out around the fire. It was fun but we were in the middle of no where and there were some animals that were freaking us out. Josh and Aaron kept getting logs and rocks to throw in the bushes. We had originally planned to spend the night and go fishing the next morning but there were no bathrooms. That's a problem for me because I absolutely cannot pee in the woods. I pee all over myself, so it's not an option when bathroom breaks are a necessity quite frequently for me.
Day 3 - Monday
Today we woke up early and went fishing. Of course, we didn't catch anything, and wasted the entire morning, but it was still an alright time. We went wheeling in the mountains in Aaron's new Bronco. It was nice to see the scenery up there. We also saw a bunch of deer while on our little escapade, we saw some hunters too and I thought we should be nice and point them in the right direction; but we didn't. We've been looking for a vehicle Josh can drive in the winter for a few weeks that wasn't going to cost us a fotune and we found it. We got a great deal on an F150 for him, it's white, and totally reminds me of being in High School. Oh...Memories.
Day 4 - Tuesday
Today was the big ultrasound. I had to drink 32 oz of water within an hour and then sit there while they pushed on my tummy. The nurse, Nancy, took pictures of everything. Their spine, brain, arms, feet, legs, heart, stomach, bladder, face, lips, measurements of the sac and amniotic fluid. It was nice to have them say that the babies are perfect. He said everything looks fabulous and I don't need to worry about anything at this point. We got a video and watched them kicking each other. Baby A was super calm and let them get everything that was needed. She's a thumb sucker (like her Dad used to be when he was little), and seems extremely tolerant. Baby B on the other hand is crazy. She would not hold still for anything. I ended up have to get up and walk around for a little bit to try and calm her down. Josh thought maybe if he touched my belly she would sit still, not hardly, she went nuts kicking the side where his had was. Almost like she wanted him to know she knew it was him. She's also a little dramatic. She kept putting her hand over her eyes as if she was saying "My life is so hard". It was adorable. They definitly have their own personalities. They are both measuring weight-wise at 13 oz. So almost a pound. But Baby A is a little longer than B. When they finally got a picture of Baby B's face, there was a faint outline around her face and Nancy said "Looks like you have a chunk here". It was cute. It just makes me love them so much to see them interacting with each other and Josh, especailly since I can't always feel them moving. I have an Anterior Placenta for both which means I have the most padding in the front of my stomach. It protects them more but also makes it harder for me to feel them. Anyway, here are their profiles as they are right now.
Baby A
Baby B
Day 5 - Wednesday

Today we slept in (yeah) and then got up to go shopping. We went to the outlets and bought a bunch of baby clothes. They have the most adorable stuff for girls and Josh even got into it because he picked out some little outfits for the. I did find the cutest little overall skirt for them, absolutely adorable. It's my favorite thing I found today. Also, for those of you who know our neice Addie, she's in the hospital for severe dehydration, so please keep her in your prayers, she's 9 months old and will need it.

We plan to go to Swiss Day's on Friday, hopefully I'll find something cute, I usually do. Satuday is our 6 Year Anniversary, I can't believe we've been married that long, it doesn't seem like it. We're about to enter into a whole new adventure together which will just make our lives so much better. He makes me so happy and I honestly feel as if Heavenly Father made him just for me. It's as if he was my gift for any trial I might ever experience. I am so greatful for him and who he is. He makes me want to be a better person. I can't imagine eternity without him there. I Love You Handsome, you mean the world to me.

4 comments:

Jami Berry said...

They so do have personalities before they're even born. We got to see Emma on ultrasound quite a bit and she was very dramatic, with at least one hand by her face all the time. And now that she's here we can definitely see the dramatic personality coming out.

I'm so happy that the pregnancy's going well. Good luck!

mom said...

Amber and Josh;
Thank you so much for letting me be able to come to the ultrasound. I was so neat to be able to set there and watch the girls. To be able to see them move. How can anyone say that they are not people!!!! Look at their personality. Again thank you for letting me be part of the excitment. I can not wait to be able to see and hold them and meet them. To know that Grandma and Grandpa Jensen will be the last one to talk to them and kiss them will be so neat.
Amber and Josh you two deseave this exciting time, you to are so cute with each other, I can not ever think of you not being with each other. Heavenly Father made the two of you for each other. Six year were is the time. I look back and see all the changes and can not beleive it.
Again thank you for all you do, for just being you,. Thank you for the two beautiful little girls.
I love you
Mom

Manda Jane Clawson said...

That is so cute about the babies! I love how they already have little personalities :) How exciting to watch them grow and develop!! Happy Anniversary Saturday!

Andrea said...

Oh I am so excited to meat them!! Kyle and I were talking about it the other day and we can't wait!!
I hope cute little Addie will be okay, we will pray for her.
Love you guys!