Monday, April 8, 2013

Family Update : April 2013

Josh is still filling in as supervisor at the Sugarhouse Post Office. His manager loves him and the post master loves him but the lazy carriers still don’t love him. He got an EEO (equal employment offence) filed on him from a lazy carrier but Josh and his manager ripped that apart right away seeing as Josh was on Vacation one of the days he’s claiming he was discriminated against. The ultimate goal is to get this guy canned so we will see how long it takes. Josh applied for a permanent position as supervisor and his manager says he’s getting it so we are also waiting on that. Josh is super motivated to get the yard done right now. He has started in the sprinklers and we are currently waiting for the weather to improve so we can have the concrete poured. Josh is turning 30 this month and I have every intention of throwing him a party against his wishes. He’s still serving in the scouting program but since he’s had to work so often lately he hasn’t been a huge help; however they knew that when they called him. Josh is quite the social butterfly in the ward and makes sure he talks to everyone who’s new.


Amber is currently spending most of my days raising children. I’m really enjoying my book club and I’m thinking about getting a gym pass so I can start to work off all this baby weight. For some reason I just can’t figure out how to diet and nurse a baby at the same time. Go figure. So now that Jaycie is nursing less I should be able to have a little more time for myself. I just finished reading the Book of Mormon again and I love how much I get out of it every time I read it. I teach the 4 year olds in primary and I love those little kids. I have a very well behaved class and love teaching them and helping them feel Heavenly Father’s love for them. General Conference just came and went and I was extremely uplifted and inspired. I really felt that the sacrifices I’m making in my life are what’s right for me now and I have a desire to be a better more patient mother and to make my marriage stronger. I'm looking forward to summer and hopefully some play dates and time outside with the girls. We're planning to get a zoo pass and one to the aquarium too, so it should be a fun summer.  

Madisyn is becoming quite the sleeper. Lately she refuses to get out of bed until at least 9 a.m. which is rough considering we have been doing swimming lessons which start at 9:40. She’s a little timid in the water and doesn’t like to jump in or get her face wet so I’m sure that she’ll be on the first level of swimming lessons forever. She loved purple and has to wear a purple shirt everyday. She has the most beautiful long hair but wants a pony tail everyday because she has to wear “mommy’s big one” hair elastic. She’s really into eating goldfish and yogurt lately and she likes to carry Jaycie around even though she knows she’s not suppose to. She loves doing puzzles and coloring.

Katie is 3 going on 13. She’s been a struggle this month. She is constantly telling me that I’m not nice, that we aren’t friends anymore, that she’s going to Grandma Karen’s and then to Disneyland. She loves Cinderella but has been watching Brave and wearing Merida lately. She wants pancakes for breakfast every morning and thinks that Dr. Pepper is the only beverage out there (she hardly ever gets it; but that doesn’t keep her from asking). She’s getting really good at matching her clothes and making her bed. She recognizes the letters A,B,C,G,J,K, &M. She is excited for preschool and she loves swimming lessons. She’s not as afraid as Maddie is of the water but she likes to keep her face dry when possible.

Jaycie is growing so fast. She’s crawling all over the place and now is pulling up to everything she can so she can stand. She usually gets tired and falls down but at least she’s trying. She’s eating three meals as day as well as snacks. She really loves Cheerios, Yogurt, and Bananas. She’s not sleeping great and not in her bed very often. She was doing well and then once Amy had Camden and she slept in my room for 6 weeks now it’s really hard to get her back into her own crib. She’s been teething for 4 months but still no teeth yet; but it’s not for lack of trying. She likes to talk and screams things like “BaBa and Yaya” all the time. She’s a super easy going baby and usually will let people hold her. Everyone loves her and is constantly commenting on how beautiful she is. Of course we think so too. We are going to start trying to sleep train her however I can’t let her cry so we will see how well this works.

No comments: