Wednesday, December 22, 2010

I Almost Punched Him

A couple of weeks ago my Sister In Law, Ellie, got hit by a car in the parking lot of Fresh Market.
After my experience there on Monday, I think we both will be avoiding that parking lot.
My Grandma came down from Logan to visit for a couple of days this last weekend. She stayed with my parents but spent Monday and Tuesday with the girls and I.
(To be honest I think I wore her out to the point she wont be visiting for a while, but we'll see.)
I dragged her all over the place getting ready for the girls party. We went to the bank, to Walmart, Smiths, and Fresh Market. (Yes I needed all those different stores). On our last stop at Fresh Market I was there to get Maddie's medicine and my birth control. After the usual coversation with the pharmasist (we are on a first name basis because I'm the only lady that get's this medication and so he always remembers me.) about my girls and his holiday; we wander over for a donut (Love them) and proceed to the parking lot. I load Maddie in and then Grandma gets in while I load Katie.
As I'm closing her door I hear these footsteps behind me coming at me at a run. Right as I turn around, a mexican (excuse me for not asking his name...) guy is right there.
Now in my head this happens in slow motion... I pull back to give him my best right hook because who in their right mind runs full speed at someone in a parking lot unless they just stole something or were planning to steal something? No one, except this Mexican. Anyway, he's not carrying anything so I didn't think he had stolen anything and no one was chasing him so I figured he was planning to steal my purse (or me) and so I scream (loud), with all intent I almost punch when he stops (maybe a foot from my face) and ducks into the car next to me, who then takes off like a batt out of Heck.
What?
I really almost punched a stranger for running to his car?
Yep... It's a sign of the times.

3 comments:

Manda Jane Clawson said...

So funny! I was in the Walmart parking lot and a hispanic guy came and knocked on my car window and scared the crap outta me! I screamed and I think I scared him more lol. He was pretty embarrassed... he was just trying to sell me some tacos ha ha

Britt said...

That is hilarious! And scary! I'm always on alert in parking lots. They're dangerous these days!

Michelle said...

Too bad you didn't punch him that would have made for a really interesting day.