Friday, December 18, 2009

D - Day = Monday

So I went to see Hutch again yesterday. Last week when I saw him things were moving along okay. I wasn't swelling much at all, I was dialating but no effacement was happening. So he put me on the schedule for a C-Section on December 30th at 6:30 in the morning. So I told my work that my last day was going to be Friday the 18th. I figured that would give me a week to relax and do the whole Christmas thing.

Well...

Change of plans. I went to the doctor yesterday. On Monday my feet started to swell a little bit and by yesterday I looked like my feet should belong to a 700 lb woman. Hutch "checked" me and told me that there was "a lot of change happening" then looked at his nurse and said schedule me for Monday at Noon. He was on his way to deliver a baby so I didn't get a chance to talk to him. When the nurse came back she took my blood pressure and it was high. So she has me lay on my side for a while and then came back in to check again. My blood pressure had gone down a little bit so she sent me home with instructions to not vaccume or sit too long or stand to long or lay down too long. I need to be mobile but relaxed.

So...

Now I'm in a mad rush with time to get all my little things finished and ready for them, without stressing myself out. It's all happening fast and the thought of getting a spinal block when I'm not in pain just causes me a bit of anxiety. I am so excited to see my babies but at the same time my life is changing forever and sometimes I wonder what in the world I was thinking.

6 comments:

Andrea said...

Amber you will do great! If you need any help with anything this weekend let me know.

Jami Berry said...

It's normal to feel that way, but everything will be fine. Just remember that all the hard parts of motherhood are totally worth it when you see your baby smile or hear their laugh. Emma is the hardest, most wonderful part of my life and you'll feel the same way about your little angels.

Manda Jane Clawson said...

That is so exciting!!!! Wish I had some advice... but I don't so good luck ;) Everything will turn out fine!

Lauralee said...

AHHHHHH this is SO exciting!!! It seems to have gone by so fast. I'm excited for you guys...this is gonna be fun. So many changes but they are so worth it! Good luck. Let me know if you have any questions or need anything that you might think I could help with.

Screaming Grasshopper said...

You will be a wonderful mother! Babies are scary-- that is just the truth of it! Us being scared humbles us to rely on the Lord and those around us!!!

I am excited for the changes these girls will bring for you!

We love you!!!

Allie said...

Well you have the cutest girls ever. I love them