Monday, November 16, 2009

Baby Update

I went to see Nancy (the ultrasound lady) last Thursday. She measured the girls and they both weighed in at 3 lb 9oz. I was so excited because that means that one isn't taking from the other; my girls can already share. They were also just over 16" long. The only real difference was that Baby A had inherited her fathers head. Yup, her head is measuring a whole week ahead of Baby B. Josh thinks it's funny but now I'm wondering if my child is going to look like a bobble-head. I hope not. We also were able to get some 3D pictures of the girls. It was hard because they are so crammed in there but after about 4 attempts with one and 6 with the other we actually got alright pictures of them. So it was neat to see that they actually have features and they are in the correct space. The only negative news that we got was that they have turned, both of them. So now Baby B is head down and Baby A is head up. I keep trying to coax her to turn around, if she doesn't I have to have a C-section. So everyone pray that she will turn around. Please, please, please.

Baby B

Baby A

We've narrowed down the names list to 4 potential first names. We are pretty possitive about the middle names we've decided upon but wont commit until we see them. Hutch told me that the babies can come anytime after December 4th and be okay, which if you are looking at a calender is a mere three weeks away. For some reason December 19th keeps sticking out in my mind so we shall see if I'm getting a premenition or if, for some other reason, that day seems important and I've forgotten the reason. Anyhow, delivery day is getting close and I am getting nervous.

We had our first and only Birthing Class on Saturday at JVMC. I think that is the hospital we've decided to deliver at since it's closer to us and my doctor prefers the environment and nursing staff at the hospital in comparrison to IMC. I learned a lot in my class but my favorite part was the Anesthesiologist. He was hilarious and made me feel much more comfortable about getting the epidural than I was before talking with him. I learned two important things from him:

#1) The needle is not a foot long. It's only about 10 cm and only goes in your back less than an inch.

#2) I have a 1/295000 chance of becoming paralized from the needle and it's usually those with blood clotting problems. (yeah, I'm safe).

The teacher taught us a bunch of relaxation techniques after watching the video of women in labor and giving birth. I think they stuck with Josh because he has been quite eager to rub my back since then.

Also, I thought that I had passed the "potential swelling stage" but I was wrong. I noticed that I was developing a sock line on my ankle earlier last week. I showed it to Josh but of course he saw that as well as he says he can see my stretch marks (he tells me he can't see them; but I know he's lying. My belly looks like a treasure map). Well, last night I was sitting on the bed Indian Style folding clothes. When I got done I put my legs out. I was wearing shorts and I had a perma-dent in my leg from where my other leg was resting. Well he couldn't deny that so I am officially starting to swell. Sad.

I have been working on scrapbooks for my girls lately. I don't want to buy them a baby book so I am just incorporating it into their scrapbook. I wrote them each a letter, as did Josh, to put in their books about how we feel now that we are having a family. I believe it was a good idea but when I wrote "Love Mom" at the end it was a weird feeling, a good one, but it made me feel underqualified. That led me wonder if every person goes through feelings of inadequacy because they are about to become a parent. Not that I hadn't realized it before but I am responsible for these little people. I need to feed them and love them and teach them everything; it's a big job. Wish me Luck.

6 comments:

Jami Berry said...

I think everyone feels inadequate coming into motherhood (or fatherhood). Even now I sometimes feel that way when I can't seem to figure out what Emma wants. You'll be a great mother. Just rememberthat there's not one right way to be a mom, so you just do what comes natural to you and ignore anyone that thinks they know better.

Andrea said...

We will pray for you for sure. I'm glad to hear that there shouldn't be any problems with them coming after the 4th! It is so exciting that they could here within three weeks! I CANT WAIT!!!

Allie said...

I wish you luck. I cant wait to see them they are going to be so cute. I will pray for you because baby A needs to turn around. Good luck with everything and I will be there whenever you need me.

mom said...

Amber, you and Josh will be great parents. Kids don't come with any type of manuels, all you can do is your best. I am so excited to meet the girls, it will be so fun. Just remember always go by your heart,and everything will work out. Know one know want you are going though so just do want you know is right. I will always be there cheering you on,and helping you when ever you need me. All you need to do is let me know. Remember you are always in my prayer will everything.
Love Mom

Rissy & Spence said...

Amber & Josh, U are going to be gr8 parents. I hope & pray that baby girl a & b will be find and baby A will turn soon to be head down. U are going to do find & miss seeing u & ur family. Have happy thanksgiving this next week, tell ur family hi from me & Spencer. Love ur friend, Marissa

Screaming Grasshopper said...

You will be great parents! I believe all parents have times of feeling inadequate-- if they tell you they never have then I would be willing to bet they are lying! :) Parenting is hard but rewarding.

I hope that Baby A turns because c-sections are not delightful! BUT if push (haha) comes to shove the important thing is getting those girls out safe!

Your family is in my prayers chica!!!