Thursday, October 22, 2009

Look What I Did!

While looking at birth announcements for the girls I came across the cutest picture of a newborn in a tutu. So... while at Swiss Days this year I found some that were selling for a mear $30.00 each. Of course I wasn't about to spend that much on a tutu so I analized it and decided to try and make my own. They were super easy and I'm feeling rather domestic. The picture makes it look pink and blue but they are actually pink and purple. I made both of these and have enough material left over to probably make 5 more and it cost me a grand total of $5.65 cents. Not bad compared to $60.00 (for two). Josh thinks I should market them on ebay and that's how we'll get rich, it may come in handy in a few months when I'm considered extremly poor.

4 comments:

Ali said...

Wow good job! Those look great!! So I am a slacker and keep forgetting to figure out my address. Can you ask Allison to send me info to my facebook that would be much easier. :) Thanks, and you are looking super cute pregnant!!

Jami Berry said...

Those are so cute! Emma has five tutus that I've made for her so far, and I love dressing her up in them for pictures. (Plus I use them as props when I'm doing pictures for other people that have little girls.)

Screaming Grasshopper said...

Those are adorable!!! Great job! You are being quite domestic..... take the time now because in the not too distant future your arms will be full and you will just want to hold the girls and stare at them. (been there done that)! If you decide to make and sell some tutu's let me know how much..... I have a new niece (well, ok she was born in August) and it would be fun to give one to her for Christmas!!

Anonymous said...

OMG! Those turned out SO cute!! How did you know what size to make the waist?