Sunday, July 19, 2009

14 weeks, Harry Potter, Too Much Mexican, Vomit


We've had an exciting last couple of days at our house.

This picture is of me at 14 weeks (and 13 lbs. lighter than before I got pregnant), I didn't realize I was so huge. Huge but happy. I've been craving Mexican food almost everyday lately so I've been over-consuming said mexican food. On Saturday I ate it twice in one day. (Bad Idea). We went to the 8:15 showing of Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince with Amy and Spencer. We got there a little bit late and I ended up sitting next to a lady who was breathing like and elephant in heat, smelled like feet, dressed in Winnie the Pooh Garb and stuffing her face with pop corn and soda. I was doing alright until about 20 minutes to the end when she adjusted and I got quite a wiff of whatever she had for lunch, combined with too much mexican food, and was from the point on struggling with my up chuck reflex. I didn't want to leave the show because what would be the point of missing the ending, even though I know how it ends, I just have to see it.

Well the movie gets over and Josh leans over to ask me a question and I just about bite his head off because he smells like Strawberry Daquari flavored Sobe and I don't want to be talked to. I completely ignore people I know trying to say hello to me and walk rather swiftly to the other end of the theater, dump out my purse and RALFED all over in it. (Of course I didn't think to grab one the hundreds of large paper popcorn buckets to do my little deed in, NO, I go for my $100.00 Miche bag with 4 different shells instead.)

In the end people stare at me like I'm an animal at the zoo and I am mortified. I just throw my purse in the garbage and walk out the door with what's left of my pride (not much). On the drive home I realize that still remaining in the ralfed in purse is Josh's favorite sunglasses and the flash drive with all my recipes on it that I have been typing at work. So we did have some casualties lost to the cause and now Josh thinks we should name our baby "Harry Ralf" in honor of our experience this evening. (He was joking of course, but the babies now share the nickname Ralf.)

Good Times!

3 comments:

Manda Jane Clawson said...

That sounds so miserable Amber I'm sorry!!

Mark and Carrie Miller said...

You poor thing! I threw up twice, both times due to the cold I had while pregnant and too much oj. I am so excited for you and Josh. We need to get together soon and do something fun.

Anonymous said...

Girl, that sucks! I hate movie theater smells. I recommend keeping a gallon ziploc bag in your purse for future emergencies. Hee hee. That is, when you have a purse to keep one in!

(seriously, so sorry!)