Thursday, June 25, 2009

Opinions

So I've been struggling for the last three weeks. I had someone openly question my ability to handle my own children. Now this person means absolutely nothing to me, she's niave on the subject of raising kids herself, and her opinion shouldn't matter to me; but for some reason I can't stop thinking about it. It's been bothering me so much that I've had a hard time being around some of my friends. It's not like I did anything horrible to her; she just felt the need to be rude in that sweet way that you aren't quite sure how to respond. It's been a trial for me and caused me a lot of stress. I have had some wonderful family members tell me that I need to let it go and try to help me through it with comments that make me feel like I could be "SuperMom"; but in the back of my head I hear that comment and it makes me wonder where in the world she would have come up with something like that. I guess I'm just going to have to learn to deal with it but it's hard not to let people's opinions bother me.
*sigh*

5 comments:

mom said...

Amber;
Always remember people say things before they think. Until they walk in your shoe noone understands want you are going though.
I know the kind of Mom you will be and that is always being there for your kids, teaching them, showing them things and loving them no matter want they do. Your kids will always be dressed cute like a picture book. No kids come with a manuel but kids can be touch right from wrong, and to treat other people things the right way. Amber remember PEOPLE SAY THINGS BEFORE THINKING!
You are a great person and you will know how to handle your babies the right way.
You are already a great Mom!!

Love you
Mom

Manda Jane Clawson said...

I'm so sorry Amber! Mean people suck :( Being a Mom is no walk in the park and NO ONE is an expert right off the bat. The point is that you will love and cherish those two little babies and do everything you can for them. Your mom is spot on with her comment :) You will be a great Mommy!!

Rissy & Spence said...

Amber, I knew u for alongtime & what ur mom has said in ur comment on ur blog. I know that u are going be a gr8t mom. U always have sweet spirit that knew love ur talents. U have learned alot from ur mom. Don't worry what people r saying they r so rude,cruel. U r so unique, u will be wonderful mom & ur husband Josh will be wonderful too. Take care Amber & Josh u r gr8t parents no matter what other has said. Have a super week. Take care ur friend, Marissa & Spencer

Ali said...

Now the title of your blog post should be "and so it begins!" As soon as you get pregnant everyone in the world seems to think they get to share their opinion with you on EVERYTHING!! I promise it will never end! People also loose tact once you are pregnant so get ready for people to tell you how "huge" you are...atleast when people say to you "are you sure your not having twins?" You will be able to tell them that you are. I just had to smile and say, nope, just one! So anyway my whole point is that people are stupid and when you are pregnant and raising children you just have to learn how to let their comments roll off your back because trust me...its only the begining!! Good luck!! Sorry about the huge novel!

Screaming Grasshopper said...

Some people just suck. You will be a great mom and I love you enough to tell you that there are days that you will be a craptastic mother because you are human.

You already love these precious spirits residing in your body. You nurture and care for them. You will not be a perfect mother but remember that you are the perfect mother for the Rusty/ie's. Heavenly Father CHOSE YOU to raise those children. He trusts you & quite frankly it doesn't matter who doesn't approve because He does.

I love you dear, you will do great.... let me know if I need to break some legs-- I know people! :)