Monday, March 2, 2015

Family Updates: March 2015

Jaycie:
  • Is doing amazing at potty training. I decided to try and get her potty trained just after her 2nd birthday (we're overachievers around here) and right when I was about to announce she was potty trained she would regress. Time and time again. So I'm knocking on wood right now and saying "Jaycie is Potty-trained. 
  • Her vocabulary is getting quite extensive. She really likes the word "either" however she doesn't really understand what it means. For example "Katie goes potty either". I've decided that I think she thinks it means "too" or "also". I just think it's so cute that I don't have the heart to correct her. 
  • Moved to a big girl, twin bed. I think her baby mattress was just to hard for her. She'd sleep for a few hours and then end up in bed with Josh and I. That was not working for me, so I found a super cheap bed on KSL and painted it to match her old crib. It's perfect and she loves it and I love it cuz now I can sleep. 
  • Really HATES socks. I think she gets this from Grandma Gubler (who in 15 years I've never seen in a pair of socks) so I'm looking forward to sandal and flip-flop weather. 
Kaitlyn:
  • Is learning so so so quickly it scares me a little. She participates in a state funded online preschool program called UpStart. They called me the other week to let me know that Kaitlyn is reading and learning on a FIRST GRADE level. WHAT!?!?! I made them test her again just to make sure and they're right. She HATES the program but she excels at it. 
  • Is really struggling with Primary right now. She doesn't like her new teachers (even though they are so nice) and she never wants to go to class. It's literally a fight and bribe fest to get her attend. 
  • Still loves Elsa from Frozen even though she hasn't seen the movie since before Christmas. She got these new blue gloves that sing and that I want to chuck in the trash think are super cute from my Mom. 
  • Is sortof a follower. We've had a lot of problems with her picking up on every bad habit her little friends have. She teams up with them to leave Maddie out of things and so far I feel a little like my Mother when she used to make me be nice to my sister. I've cancelled all play dates for the next week because it's become a real issue.
  • Loves to practice her Dance and Leaps. She lives for Friday's dance class and thinks her teacher, Miss Sara, walks on water. It's fine... I do too. :)  
Madisyn: 
  • Has improved so much in Dance. For a while she didn't enjoy it and would be goofy the entire time on watching day. It was a problem. However, since Christmas break she has really started to excel and do a great job. Miss Sara tells me every week what an improvement she's making. It makes me smile. 
  • Is really looking forward to Soccer season. We went to Phoenix recently to visit Josh's brother Linden. Her cousin Jaslyn was there and she's a soccer superstar. We got to attend a couple of her games and Maddie was mesmerized. She wants to be Jaslyn when she grows up. That's fine, I'll take it. 
  • LOVES UpStart! She works so hard at it and is learning on a Kindergarten Level. I'm proud of her. 
  • Is an amazing bed maker. She wakes up every morning and makes her bed. Then she helps Kate with hers. She's a selfless little girl who likes to please. Yay!
  • Only wants to play with Boys. She's always been a sort of loner. Kate loves friends and Maddie is fine to sit back and watch. But, recently she's been talking about all these friends at school and church and they're all boys. One even ran over and hugged her at preschool...um, yeah...
Josh:
  • Still in the Elder's Quorum Presidency in our ward. He seems to enjoy it except for when it's super demanding. He's super social anyway so this is just another way he gets to know people. 
  • Moved from Cottonwood Post office to Murray Post Office to fill in as their Manager for a while. I think he's getting a little discouraged since he was passed over for the last manager job because of his age. (Yeah total discrimination...the guy came out and said he was too young. Josh was pissed) 
  • Used his gas money refund from Cottonwood to put in a fence. 
  • Really needs a vacation
Amber: 
  • Really into reading again. All I want to do is read. All. The. Time
  • Is done with her Scouting Calling. I'm really over cub scouts and I'm trying not to quit but I'm this close. 
  • Looking forward to Girls Camp. It's ward camp this year and I just held my first camp meeting. I'm super excited about the theme and I have a million ideas rummaging around in my head.
  • Feels like I'm the maid. I've made chore charts for everyone living in my house to try and cut down on my work. So far, I do less cleaning but more nagging. 
  • Has had a constant headache for about 4 days. 
  • Has been off "the sauce" (dr. pepper) for the last three months. But I'm currently enjoying one as I type because it's all I can think of to dull the headache. :( 

No comments: