Saturday, December 27, 2014

Maddie & Kate Turn 5

Oh my goodness... How did my girls go from babies to big girls practically overnight?!? 

It's depressing to think about to be honest. It seemed like I waited FOREVER for them to come and now they're 25% done with childhood. Makes my Mommy Heart sad; but they are growing so fast and they are so smart. Here's a few stats about my girls before we dive into the Party!!

MADDIE
Favorite Color: Purple
Favorite Show: Sofia The First
Favorite Movie: Frozen (Duh)
Favorite Disney Character : Anna and Rapunzel
Favorite Food : Potatoes and Gravy & Cereal
Favorite Day of the Week: Friday - Dance Day
Misc. Info: Maddie is an excellent Artist. She loved to draw and color. She really excels at her preschool work and is quickly learning to write her letters very well. She likes to be called Maddie but will only write her name as Madisyn. She's so sweet and craves acceptance. We really can't praise her enough. She's in tune with people's emotions and has such empathy for other's it astounds me. She really likes her long hair and usually prefers a pony tail but she will wear it down and curly if she thinks that's how I want it. She likes to read books (pretend) and loves her baby sister and cousin Curtis. 

KATIE
Favorite Color: Pink
Favorite Show: Sofia The First
Favorite Movie: Frozen and Cinderella
Favorite Character: Elsa and Cinderella
Favorite Food: Lemon Chicken & Rice
Favorite Day of the Week: Friday - Dance Day
Misc. Info. - Kate is full of Fire. She loves her friends (Maisie, Jane, and Kevin) and wants to play with them all the time. She is determined and stubborn and such a giving little girl. She usually will do what she's told when it comes to helping someone else. She hates to make her bed and usually ropes Maddie into doing it for her. Kate is doing well in Upstart (the online state preschool she does) but she hates it. It is a constant struggle to get her to do her work. She likes to write letters and is always asking me to help her spell things. She loves to play dress up and can be found singing any number of Frozen songs at once. She loves her cousin Camden and he loves her. She's like a little Mommy to all the younger kids. She's sassy and adorable and she lets me bite her face whenever I want to. :) 

We had their Friend Party and Family party on December 20th. 
(Why oh why do I do this to myself?!?)

I was pretty excited about how the invite turned out. It took me forever to find some frozen clip art that worked well with the background we had chosen but it the end it was so cute. 
We have a bunch of friends and their siblings over for a "Frozen Scavenger Hunt" Party. We did a scavenger hunt and after every couple they would come to a craft they'd have to do...

Like Wand/Ice Pick Making, Antler/Crown Making, a Photo Booth

 In the End we had Cupcakes and an Ice Cream Bar



The Girls opened Gifts and their friends left. I was so grateful to some of my BFF's for helping with the party. I couldn't have done it without my Mom, Irene, Ashley, and Brieanna. I think I crammed a ton into this party and maybe next time I'll do a little less (yeah right)

At the Family Party that evening we had a potato bar for dinner and then the girls got spoiled with gifts from family. They had such a fun birthday!

(and I'm glad we're done :)

No comments: