Saturday, December 27, 2014

Cub Scouts

In my ward I have two callings... One I love (Girl's Camp Director) the other I tolerate. I don't know why they called me to Cub Scouts. News Flash... I have no boys. 

I do this calling with my friend, Michelle, and we do an alright job. For the first year we had one kid that would come and it was awkward... at best. This year I took a Saturday and planned out our whole year (in 8 hours...bleh...) and now we have about 6-10 boys that come regularly. My girls are really loving it and it's making me like it a lot more. 

We went on a Cub Scout Day Camp this year. It was a superhero training camp. We actually had fun but I just couldn't get behind the corney-ness (not a word)! There's a certain type of special needed to run these things and unfortunately (fortunately :) I do not possess it. Whew...



Besides holding a weekly Den Meeting in which we do cool things like Retire Flags in my back yard, visit the fire station, and learn about "How to be a good Cub Scout" we have a monthly Pack Meeting for awards and larger group activities. 



Now that I'm done HATING the calling I'm sure it's about time to be moved to something different; however, I did tell the bishop that I would do Cub Scouts as long as he would release me from Girls Camp. :)

No comments: