Thursday, May 30, 2013

Memorial Day 2013

This year we were so busy on Memorial Day Weekend. On Friday I took the girls to the cemetary to visit the graves of my Grandma and Grandpa Jensen. Aunt Cheryl and Grandma Karen came with us. We got some pretty flowers to put on their headstones and the girls gathered some pine cones to decorate. I don't thing the girls understood that Grandma Jensen was dead because later on Katie told me that "Grandma Jensen and Aunt Cheryl live at the Cemetary".
 
Josh and I went out on Friday with some friends and saw Star Trek: Into the Darkness. We snuck in Cafe Rio and loved the show.
On Saturday Josh had to work late and so we mostly lounged around and then Linden and Shannon came over for dinner and a movie. Since they live in Phoenix we only get to see them about 2 times a year. It was fun to have them in our home.
On Sunday Maddie woke up not feeling well and so Josh stayed home with her and Jaycie while Katie and I went to church. I had to teach that day and ended up having three extra kids in my class; but everything worked out. That evening we went over to Allison and Aarons for a BBQ and finished up with an outside movie at Tonja & James' house with Nate's Family and Linden's Family. It was a blast.
Monday morning we got up early and went out with the Masina's, Nate's Family, Linden's Family, and Grandpa Gubler to Ensign Peak. It's about 1/2 mile hike (totally uphill) but the view is spectacular. I thought I was going to kill over on the way up but Josh was patient and kept me going. It felt good to make it and now I have a renewed desire to get in shape as soon as Jaycie is done nursing and I can focus on myself a little more.
 
 Grandpa and the grandkids!
 
 The Group!


No comments: