Friday, April 9, 2010

Never A Dull Moment

So today was one of my two working days this week. Most of you know that I work at Granite Credit Union; but are you aware that my branch is in a Walmart? Well, most of the day is somewhat fun because we can always find something to laugh about (usually resembling the "people of walmart" website. Check it out, it's funny). Anyway, today I did not have to make my own fun, people at walmart did it for me. My day went as follows:

1- We were discussing funny names of members and someone walked in right as Felisha was saying Jen Nettles. (say it fast...lol) I think we just about gave the poor lady a heart attack. Needless to say there wont be a high Member Service Score from her this month.

2- While walking the isles (we are suppose to be out recruiting members; but usually we just use it as time to shop and goof off; but don't tell the boss, she's grumpy) I ran into a lady who was super nice. She was over 6 feet tall and her boobs were right at eye level with me. Now, I'm so not a girl who goes around staring at other peoples boobs, and I know what it feels like for people to stare at mine; but I couldn't help it, they were gigantic. I'm talking huge. I could probably use one cup and cover my entire head, I totally thought "hum, I wonder if she uses 2 hats instead of a bra?" I know, rude right; but it just sort of popped into my mind and I couldn't help it. Poor girl, I was wondering if she knew that she could probably get her insurance to pay for a reduction, however I didn't think it appropriate to suggest so early in our relationship; maybe on the next store walking.

3- While out to lunch with Amy (we went to Cafe Rio ... yummy) we were walking to the car when I see a lady with her two daughters all decked out in Hello Kitty Garb. The pants looked like Pajamas but they were too short to be pants yet too long to be capri's. I wasn't sure what would possibly motivate this Mom to wear that junk. I think she's taking the "Dress Younger Like Your Daughter" to the extreme, or maybe she just likes Hello Kitty, I don't know, but I will give her the benefit of the doubt and assume she doesn't own a mirror.

4- I think that it should be a requirement to show a valid Drivers Licence in order to operate the motorized shopping carts in Walmart. A lady pulled into our branch. Now, we have a very narrow branch, not a lot of space for turning around (by not a lot, I really mean NONE). I help her fill out an application for a loan and find out she has no income. What? Why in the world would we give you a loan when you have no way to pay it back? Sorry, tangent for a later post. Anyway, when we were finished she floored the motorized cart while flying in reverse and rams right into the table that hold all our deposit/withdrawl slips and sends it flying into the checkstand across the isle. She just puts it in drive and turns to go while muttering "These things are dangerous". Of course, I'm thinking it's not the machine it's the operator; but I hold my tongue. It's already been a hilarious/judgemental day for me.

So Walmart has just reconfirmed my theory that some people should have to get a permit to reproduce.

4 comments:

Manda Jane Clawson said...

lol!!! this totally made my day! Thanks for sharing :)

Andrea said...

Man I missed an eventful day! Never a dull moment in walmart!
Too bad no one yelled "PINEAPPLE!"

Lauralee said...

Jonathan went o high school with a kid who had moved here from England and his name was Richard Head. My sister got to meet him when she worked at SLCC in the parking permint area. Sad when you move to a place where Dick can mean something so, well you know. One of my all time favorite last names (and I SO donot mean to offend anyone...maybe I shouldn't say just incase...) is Sweeny! Any guy name in front of that one is just something to smile about.

Anonymous said...

I don't know who this person above me is, but we had a Richard Head at our high school. I think he was a year or two older then me.

Jen Nettles is classic, though!