Thursday, February 18, 2010

A Few Updated Photos

I'm so glad when Josh gets home from work. He's such a great Dad; always holding one or both girls so that I can make dinner, clean up, or go to the little girls room (that doesn't happen often when I'm alone without an extreme amount of crying).

We had a Super Bowl Party at our house. Each couple (in our case family) had to make half time and final score predictions. Josh and I were closest for both and won the football and jerseys.

Kate really enjoyed watching the game.
My girls like to hold hands when they get close and other times they like to hit each other.
Girls are so much fun. I can't believe how many cute accessories they have for them.
Madisyn loves things on her head.
Including Daddy's Hat
Do you suppose Kate thinks that the bow is too heavy?
The girls are so much fun. It's great to dress them up and play with them. They are starting to interact more. Today Kate was all smiles, she'll smile at anyone. However, Madisyn only has eyes for her Dad, he's the only one able to get her to smile. It's the cutest thing. The girls like to play with these little bugs that my Mom bought for them. This morning Kate was yelling at her bug, I couldn't help but laugh. It's awesome to see them growing and developing like they are. I can't believe how much they have changed since they were born.
Tomorrow we have their two week checkup which means shots. I think that I am more scared than I would be if I were the one getting the shots. Because of Madisyn's condition we have to give her Tylenol around the clock starting tonight so I'll let you all know how that goes. Lucky for me Josh is off all weekend so at least I wont be alone with two screaming babies. I also plan to let him be the one to hold them during their shots, that way I can be the one that makes it better.
We had some pictures taken of them by my cousins Mom last week. They are adorable, I can't wait to get the CD so you all can see how adorable they are. We redid some of their newborn pictures that we took once we got home since not many of them turned out very well (it was cold and they were crying). You can view a few of them at http://www.davidandgoliath20022003.blogspot.com/ In case you can't read their little shirts they say "I look like the mailman" (I made them at the last minute).
I have some sad news that is really a blessing. I will be going back to work two days a week at Granite Credit Union. I was hoping that I wouldn't have to but unfortunately money doesn't grow on trees and you can't live on love. So, I'll be going back on Mondays and Fridays. I'm grateful that they were willing to work with my schedule seeing as it is so specific. Josh's Mom will be watching the girls on Monday and my Mom will be watching on Friday. I think Heavenly Father is looking out for me.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

I will be so happy to have you back!

mom said...

Amber, I know that Heavenly Father is looking at for you and your family. The girls are growning up so fast, and I can't believe how fast they are changing. I am so excited to see how much they have grow and want they weight is. Amber you are such a great mom and you always have the girls looking so cute. Josh is a great dad, both of you work with the girls so well and they are learning so much.
Love you
Mom

Andrea said...

I haven't seen them in way too long!!!!! I'm glad we will be seeing you guys this weekend! Hope shots go okay. I'm so happy that they were able to work with your schedule!

Screaming Grasshopper said...

I hope that shots went well and that they were willing to give you two nurses to get it done faster.

They are beautiful girls and going to work is a cursed-blessing! Let me know if you need a helper on any Fridays! (not that Grandma will want to share that much! :) They are too loveable!) I would offer for Monday's too but, that is my busy day at work.

Your girls are precious and delightful! I can't wait to come and snuggle them more!!!

Elizabeth said...

The pictures are really cute. I think the postman onesies that you made are adorable.