Monday, April 20, 2009

Josh: The Traitor

Last night for family night we went to the park after dinner to play football and ultimate frizbe. (Or at least was suppose to be)

After an extremely humiliating attempt by me to throw, catch, and run a frizbe I got pummeled by Amy, who in turn fell and ripped off the protruding mound of fat on the upper half of my body, formally known as a boob (I knew I was dead).

While laying on the wet grass I was devising a plan to take up residence when the family changed games to football. I was team Captain, Little Brother was opposing captain. Of course Josh was my first pick, the kid can run faster than anyone I know. In my attempt to make it so I didn't have to do much work Josh realizes that the teams are unfair.

WHAT?

So his noble self decided that he would switch teams to make the teams equal. Right... So of course you know the rest... their team won and we lost all because Josh was a traitor.

Josh says he wanted to play against me because it would have been more fun, whatever, I covered Mom for the rest of the game.

It just made me realize how out of shape I am, I think I'm still sweating from running last night. It's pretty nasty.

We plan to have a rematch this weekend at the Sand Dunes and there is no way my team is going to lose again. So watch out Little Brothers' team. YOU ARE GOING DOWN!

Side Note: My Daffoldills bloomed on Saturday morning, it's finally starting to feel like spring. They made me think of Grandma, because she would wait for them to bloom every year. Oh Grandma. Sigh.

2 comments:

Heidi and Sam said...

Hey Am :)
My email is hideeho78@yahoo.com. You name the date for GNO ask Amy and Ali when would work for them and let me know. I love your post. You make me laugh. I really miss Grandma sooo bad. Expecially on days like today when it is warm outside. Man we got sooo cheated and it is not fair. I wish that I could just talk to Grandma and Grandpa one more time. They are so truly missed. Love you lots! Thanks for the post and the reminder of Grandma :)

Erick and Janette said...

Sounds like way too much fun! I miss those days. We haven't done much of that since the singles ward. We are way too out of shape for all that "kid" stuff! lol

Love the Daffodills, they are my favorite flower and I wait for them to bloom every year too. They even have a Daffodill festival here! SWEET!